Latest electronic cigarette news

E-Cigarette Usage & Safeness

Many people often wonder about the dangers of e-cigarettes, especially now more than ever after a man in America died when his vape pen exploded. The case is currently making headlines around the world and it is thought to be the first death caused by vaping products in the US. Tallmadge D’Elia died at his home in Florida after his vaping device blew up with fragments being projected into his skull. It was reported that he suffered burns to 80% of his body. You may be asking yourself, how common are these incidents in Ireland? Experts say that the type of vape pen he was using was known as a ‘mechanical mod’, which are very uncommon in Ireland. These kinds of pens do not use inner circuitry to regulate the voltage and most e-cigarettes in Ireland have mor[...]

31 May 2018

Posted in: Industry News

E-Cigarettes Contain Same Carbon Monoxide Levels as Non-Smokers

Here at VIP, we recently came across an interesting video by the BBC News which shows a subject being tested for levels of carbon monoxide in the body. Carried out at Queen Mary University in London, the test showed that carbon monoxide levels of a non-smoker and someone who uses an e-cigarette produced the same result of 4. However, when the subject took a drag of a regular cigarette this number more than doubled, to 10, highlighting that e-cigarettes contain no discernible toxins or carbon monoxide. This test was overseen by Professor Peter Hajek who states that “many people out there think that nicotine itself is a dangerous poison but if nicotine is taken without the accompanying toxins then the health effects would be very similar to drinking coffee”. Although many pe[...]

29 May 2018

Posted in: E-Cig News