Although a cartomizer, clearomizer and atomizer all perform the same task, they do have some differences.
Overview of a Cartomizer
Cartomizers are quite similar in design to the atomizer, but they do have their differences. The main difference is that cartomizers have polyfill wrapped around a heating coil, which is used to soak the e-liquid and allows for longer vape time than an atomizer. There are some designs of cartomizers that are housed inside a larger cylindrical tank that holds even a larger capacity of e-liquid.
Pros of a Cartomizer
– Holds more e-liquid over an atomizer
– Low maintenance
– Fairly easy to use
Cons of an Cartomizer
– Might not be suitable for heavy vaping
– Some people people claim that polyfill material dulls the e-liquid flavor
– Cannot be refilled
Overview of a Clearomizer
Clearomizers are one of the newest and most popular devices on the market. These type of devices are usually cylindrical and feature a clear polycarbonate plastic or pyrex glass tank. A clear tank (or a window on the metal ones) allows you to see the level of e-liquid inside of a clearomizer. E-juice is delivered to the heating coil by ways of a cotton wick. Some designs feature top heating coil with longer wicks, while others have bottom placed heating coils with short wicks which allows for easier wick saturation.
Pros of a Clearomizer
– Large capacity for e-liquid, typically around 1.6-2ml
– Clear tank allows you to see the exact amount of e-liquid left inside of the clearomizer
– Some models are rebuildable and come with replaceable coil
– Longer life-cycle than cartomizers
– Some people claim that clearomizers with wick systems offer superior flavour delivery
Cons of an Clearomizer
– Usually more expensive than atomizers or cartomizers
– May retain flavor from previous e-liquid
– Must be handled and used with care to prevent leaking and/or breaking (e.g. Bending inside pocket)
While each of these vaping products do have their own pros and cons, having to sacrifice one in exchange for another is a tough decision. In the end the choice is always yours and if you’re still not sure, how about you try out both and swap them depending on the situation they are used in.
The post Cartomizer versus Clearomizer: What’s the Difference? appeared first on VIP E Cigarette.