So Why Did Hale Plant 10,000 trees in Ireland?
Trees are essential for our survival on this planet. They provide us with oxygen and help to keep our temperatures stable. But human activity has destroyed over half of all forests, which means we need to plant more trees! In order to do this, we need a plan — one that will protect the environment, involve local communities and be sustainable in the long term.
The trees were planted in conjunction with local community groups and stakeholders. It was important for us to make sure that the right species of tree was planted in the right place which is why we partnered with Trees On The Land Cork and we wanted our local communities to benefit from the planting as well as the local wildlife communities.
1. Planting trees is a great way to protect the environment and help local communities. When you work with Trees on the land, you’re investing in trees that will be planted in Irish communities. Trees on the land work with local Irish farmers and communities to plant trees and train them on how to care for and maintain them. The Trees on the land Hale project has planted more than 10,000 trees since 2020.
2. Different tree planting methods can protect the environment in different ways. There are many ways to plant trees and each method serves a different purpose. Some methods are better suited to certain environments and climates than others. Some methods are better suited to protecting the environment than others. There are two main types of tree planting: natural regeneration and active replanting, and the two methods protect the environment in different ways. The more information you have about where you are going to plant trees, the more carefully you will place them. We wanted to be part of the solution and not the problem making a lasting sustainable contribution to a lower carbon economy
So; Hale VIP teamed up with Trees on the land to plant 10,000 native trees in Ireland in 2020. Our trees were planted at the following sites:
- Lios na gCraobh, Annascaul, Co.Kerry
- Camross, Co Laois
- The Grove Curragh, Newbridge, Co Kildare
- Cushendall, North Antrim
- Lissadrone, Carrowmore Lacken, Ballina, Co.Mayo F26 HH52
- Clane, Co Kildare
3. By planting trees, you can help to fight climate change, reduce soil erosion, and improve air quality.
4. Trees also play an important role in protecting local wildlife
The trees in your community play an important role in protecting local wildlife. Trees provide shelter and food for local birds, squirrels, and other small animals. Having lots of trees in your local area is also beneficial for your health.
“Planting native trees in Ireland is important to Hale and we wanted our customers to experience the benefits first hand.” Joe Dunne Retail Director Hale Vaping